OUR MESSAGE TO VISITORS
Policy for Non-Member Participation
Thanks for your interest in the Pentwater Tennis and Pickleball Club. We are a private club, managed by member volunteers. We work hard to keep membership dues affordable to both seasonal residents and repeat visitors. We encourage you to learn what we offer to the Pentwater community, and hope you will consider joining us at the PTPC.
For those interested in learning more about possible membership, please contact us, so we can arrange to show you our facilities and answer any questions. Our email address is: PentwaterTennisClub@gmail.com.
COURT USAGE BY NON-MEMBERS
Our private club facilities remain locked, and access requires use of a key provided to each member. We frequently hear from visitors asking about possible use of our tennis and pickleball courts. Our GUEST POLICY dictates that any non-member use of facilities requires that a sponsoring member be present. We sometimes make an exception and allow an unsponsored visitor to request participation in DAILY ORGANIZED PLAY for either tennis or pickleball. But this is subject to approval per the process outlined below.
- PTPC members can sponsor an individual as a guest up to ten occurrences per season. The member must be present (unless otherwise approved), and they are responsible to pay the appropriate daily guest fee: $10 for non-family; $5 for immediate family (brothers, sisters, adult children); no charge for children and grandchildren under age 21, or 25 if student.
- Guests must: adhere to the same Club policies as our members; practice proper court etiquette; and wear proper court shoes (no running shoes, sandals, crocs, etc.).
- Guest fees payments can be sent to Club via PayPal, or sent to our mailing address via USPS.
GUEST PARTICIPATION IN DAILY ORGANIZED PICKLEBALL
- Sponsored Guest: We do our best to manage use of our (24) available pickleball slots during these daily morning sessions. A SignUpGenius process is used to prevent courts from being over committed, and to grant members priority in terms of participation. Members should always check court availability on SignUpGenius to determine whether it’s okay to bring a guest. During peak season months, daily organized play is tends to be fully committed to members, and guests should be hosted during the afternoon hours.
- Unsponsored Guest: Requests for participation should be limited to the non-peak season months of May, June, September & October. Such requests should be submitted no sooner than 48 hours in advance. We’ll try to respond promptly. If approved, the daily guest fee would apply. If court space has been committed to members, requests may be denied.
GUEST PARTICIPATION IN DAILY ORGANIZED TENNIS
- Guests can have their sponsoring member sign them up in the appropriate SignUpGenius group. An unsponsored guest can submit a request for participation by contacting an organizer directly using any email address listed on TENNIS tab of our website. The window for making these requests is no sooner than 48 hours in advance. We’ll try to respond promptly. If approved, a daily guest fee would apply. If court space has been committed to members, requests may be denied.
PUBLIC COURT OPTIONS NEAR PENTWATER
- Village of Pentwater Pickleball at North End Park – One public court
- Hart Pickleball at John Gurney Park – Two public courts
- Ludington Pickleball at Oriole Field – Eight public courts