“Organized Play” is defined as all pickleball activities listed in SignUpGenius at set time windows where members can register to play pickleball as a group. During June, July & August, Court #1 becomes the Challenge Court, while Courts #2-6 are designated for Paddle Rack rotation play (see guidelines).
“Open Play” is all non-organized times when the pickleball courts are open for walk-up play on a first-come, first-served basis. It’s seven days a week from dawn to dusk, except for those times listed in SignUpGenius. Open Play is the best time for members to take family, friends and guests to the courts.
Members of all levels are welcome at Organized Play, with the option of playing in your own skill level, or mixing it up with other skill levels. We encourage players to meet new people, introduce themselves and mix up play whenever possible. Optional use of the Challenge Court is described below.
The “Paddle Rack” should be used whenever twelve or more players are present. With fewer than twelve players, cards will often be used to mix up the teams. Games are played to 11, win by 2. If four or more players are waiting to play, games should be played to 9, win by 1. All players must exit the court when the game is completed.
Paddle Rack Guidelines
- Start from the #1 spot (4 slots) and move the playing rotation, or “Next Up” slide in increasing order.
- When #5 spot is being played, move the “Next Up” slide to the #1 spot.
- When a foursome removes their paddles to play on an available court, a member of that foursome should move the “Next Up” slide to the next spot in increasing order (or from #5 to #1).
- Players are discouraged from keeping their paddles together in the same foursome repeatedly.
- DO NOT MOVE OTHER PLAYERS PADDLES!
- You can download a copy of the PTPC Paddle Rack Guidelines here.
- COURT #1 will be designated for doubles competition between two pairs of higher rated players.
- A CHALLENGE is a pair of players at a similar skill level to the two pairs playing, who give notice they want to play the winners.
- THE WINNING PAIR has the option to stay on the court to face the next challenge pair in the queue.
- THE NON-WINNING PAIR has the option to re-enter the queue, and wait their turn to challenge a subsequent winning pair.
- IF THE SAME PAIR wins three challenges in a row with two or more challenge pairs in the queue, they’ll leave the court and the next two pairs begin a new game.
- IF NOBODY IS CHALLENGING, the two pairs on the challenge court should mix in with players on other courts after three games have been completed.
Guest Participation in Organized Play
- When sponsoring a guest to attend Organized Play in June, July or August, we ask members to adhere to this process.
- One day before a member wants to bring a guest, they should check how many slots are available on SignUpGenius.
- If the slots are not heavily committed to members, the member can proceed with signing up their guest.
- In cases where the slots are heavily committed to other members, the guest should not be signed up.
- All visitor and non-member participation is governed by our Guest Policy.
Personalize Your Paddle
MYPadL is a paddle band that allows you personalize your PickleBall paddle. Instead of hearing: “hey, whose paddle” over and over again between games, you’ll hear “hey YOUR NAME, you’re up!” PTPC members should try to place group orders (50% discount for orders of at least four different name bands).
Discount / Club Rewards
PickleballCentral.com has a promotional program called ClubRewards that entitles our members to a 5% discount on almost everything they purchase, plus an additional 5% goes back to PTPC in the form of an annual gift certificate. To receive the discount during checkout, enter our unique code- CRPentwater into the coupon box.